सन १९४७ में भारत के स्वतन्त्र होने से पूर्व जनजातीय लोगों द्वारा अनेक अंग्रेजों के विरुद्ध अनेक विद्रोह किये गये। नीचे इन विद्रोहों का कालक्रम से संक्षिप्त वर्णन दिया गया है-
- 1766-72: राजा जगन्नाथ के नेतृत्व में चौर विद्रोह
- 1774-79: Halba rebellion in Dongar (By Halba tribes in Bastar Chhattisgarh) against British armies and the Marathas.
- 1778: Revolt of the Pahariya Sardars of Chhotonagpur against the British Government.
- 1784-1785: Uprising of the Koli tribes in Maharashtra.
- 1789: Revolt of the Tamar of Chhotonagpur.
- 1794-1795: The Tamars revolted again.
- 1798: The revolt of the tribals against the sale of Panchet estate.
- 1855 The ‘Great Rebellion’by the Santal community against the British in Eastern India led by Sido and Kanho, claiming to have supernatural powers.
- 1857-1858 The Bhil revolted again under the leadership of Bhagoji Naik and Kajar Singh.
- 1860 The Lushai tribal people raided the then British Tripura and killed 186 British subjects.
- 1860-1862 The Synteng tribalaintia Hills district|Jaintia Hills]] in North-East India.
- 1861 The Juang tribal community revolted in Orissa.
- 1862 The Koya tribal community revolted in Andhra against tribal landlords called ‘Muttader’ in tribal dialect.
- 1869-1870 The Santal people revolted at Dhanbad in Eastern India against a local monarch.The British mediated to settle dispute.
- 1879 The Naga tribal people revolted in North-Eastern India.
- 1880 The Koya revolted again at Malkangiri in Orissa under leadership of Tammandora.
- 1883 The Sentinelese tribal people of Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Indian Ocean attacked the British.
- 1889 The mass agitation by the Munda against the British in Eastern India.
- 1891 The tribals of North-East India revolted against the British under leadership of Tikendraji Singh.
- 1892 The Lushei people revolted against the British repeatedly.
- 1895 The famous revolt by the Munda tribal community under leadership of Birsa Munda.Later,Birsa was arrested.
- 1911 The uprising of the tribal people of Bastar.
- 1913-1914 Tana Bhagat movement in Bihar
- 1913 samp sabha by guru govind & 1507 bhil people against British at mangadh hill
- 1917-1919 Kuki Uprising in Manipur against British colonialism under the leadership of their chieftains called haosa
- 1920-1921 Tana Bhagat movement happened again.
- 1922 The Koya tribal community revolted at Rampa against the British under leadership of Alluri Sree Rama Raju.
- 1932 The Nagas revolted under leadership of 13 year old Rani Guidallo in North-Eastern India.
- 1941 The Gond and the Kolam revolted in collaboration against British Government in the Adilabad district of the state of Telangana.
- 1942 Tribal revolt under leadership of Lakshmana Naik at Koraput in Orissa.
- 1942-1945 The tribes of Andaman and Nicobar islands revolted against occupation of their islands by Japanese troops during world war.